McMillan-Small Funeral Home proudly offers a variety of services and options to meet you and your family’s needs. We understand that every family is different, so we provide personal assistance and guidance to every situation. Together with the family, we can help to create a service of remembrance as unique as the individual. Below are the services we can offer, but if there is something you are considering, please contact us and we will happy to accommodate every wish as best as we can. McMillan-Small Funeral Home offers:
Traditional Funeral Services
Today’s traditional funeral is one of recognition of a life lived; it is an opportunity for friends and family to gather together to support one another, express sympathy, and grieve. Religious and local customs are an important part of the traditional funeral. At McMillan-Small, we realize that our area has become a melting pot of people from all areas of the country, all walks of life, and all different backgrounds. We are prepared and dedicated to assisting all who honor us with their service in meeting the wishes of those we serve.
Traditional funeral services include church services (we are non-sectarian), services in our Chapel, graveside services, visitation, burial, entombment, and transportation to other locations (even states). Common traditional services generally include one or a combination of the following:
- Church or chapel service, with visitation the day before
- Church or chapel service, with visitation the same day as the funeral
- Graveside/tombside funeral service, with visitation the day before
- Graveside/tombside funeral service, with visitation the same day as the funeral
- Private burial with memorial service at a church or our chapel
Traditional Cremation Services
Some families have found that cremation services fit their needs better than traditional funeral services. Many people believe that there are not as many options when cremation is involved; on the contrary, cremation offers many more alternatives. For those who select cremation, they have available to them a vast number of options that include services, visitation, disposition of the cremated remains, cremation caskets, container selections, urn choices, and even cremation-related jewelry.
Traditional cremation services generally include one or a combination of the following:
- Visitation and church or chapel services followed by cremation
- Visitation and memorial services with cremated remains present at church or chapel
- No visitation and church or chapel services followed by cremation
- No visitation and memorial services with cremated remains present at church or chapel
- Visitation and graveside/columbarium services
- No visitation and graveside/columbarium services
- No visitation or services (direct cremation)
Today, many people find it not only comforting and easier, but also less costly to set down plans ahead of time. There is peace of mind to be gained in knowing that all of the important decisions—financial and otherwise—have been handled. It is easier to make all of the choices as well, and preplanning is an act of love and consideration; it relieves families of more burdens at a difficult time. For more information, please visit the Pre-Planning link.
Merchandise selected is wide and varied in today’s ever-changing society. We offer a wide range of caskets from Matthews Casket Company and Batesville Casket Company , as well as containers designed for cremation from Batesville. We offer burial vaults from Carolina Doric Vault Company or Wilbert Vault Company, and we also a have a wide selection of urns.
Pet Cremation Services
For special cremation alternatives for pets, please click here